Friday, April 22, 2016

Welcome to Under ___ Minute Theater

As my plays begin receiving national and international productions, I decided it might be nice to make some of my short works more available.  I got my start competing in forensics and festivals, so thought I should share the love.  If you are a student or educator, your purchase of an e-play for each cast member gives you the right to use any "Under __ Minute Theater" play in your classroom, in competitions, in auditions, well... in front of any non-paying audience.  Send me some pictures!  I'll brag about you!

If there is a paying audience, I'm afraid a royalty is involved.  I firmly believe that if you think your show is good enough to ask people to pay for, you should compensate the artists who gave you the show to sell, even if it is just a token.  So don't be scared off!  The royalties are low and adjusted for each theater's particular financial realities.

To sign up for new play releases, join the Play Newsletter

The Camera, the Gerbil, and the Big, Wide World
2w, 1m

Two lonely children meet in Texas and their lives are changed for the better.

This sweet, family friendly, fifteen-minute play is a nostalgic journey through friendship, and how a camera and a gerbil can make the world huge and wonderful.

Kings of the World
2m, 1 w/m

From politics to cars, Bud and Jeff know exactly how to fix the world... if only they could put down their drinks and get off their barstools. Could the magic of a new song on the jukebox be enough?

This 10-minute play features great physical comedy opportunities for older character actors.

WARNING:  Artistically motivated cussing

No comments:

Post a Comment