Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Introducing Clara O'Hare

As mentioned in an earlier post, I got my inspiration for the characters of A Spirited Manor from oil paintings (okay, and a couple photographs... and a mug shot...) through the ages, and I thought that I would share them with you.  Below is the inspiration for Clara O'Hare, our young widow and star of the story.


This painting is entitled Miranda and was created by Sir Frank Dicksee in 1878.

My mind is actually kind of blown as I type this, because as I was doing some research to find links for this post, I just discovered this is Miranda from Shakespeare's The Tempest.  One of my other projects is based upon another Shakespeare play, and one of Sir Frank Dicksee's other paintings has been hanging over my desk for months.  Dicksee?  I have a feeling you and I would love ALL the same movies.

2 comments:

  1. Miranda is ovely and is exactly how I envisioned Clara. I just finished reading A Spirited Manor and I simply loved it. I am truly look forward to your next book in this delightful series. Check out my review posted at Amazon to find out how much I really enjoyed this book. Best wishes for your continued success and inspiration!
    Juliette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH, Juliette! I am THRILLED! Wow! It means so much that you would come over to let me know and leave such an amazing review. Thank you for putting a spring in my step! Crossing fingers, I'll have the next installment out for you next month.

      Delete