Saturday, October 6, 2012

My corner of the world

Gift from my coworker, originally uploaded by eyduck.
So, in addition to writing and acting, I'm just a regular working stiff like everyone. You know, except that I've got a gigantic bronze sculpture of a German composer sitting on my filing cabinet. He was originally donated to my place of employment back in the 1960s for a music garden, which never happened, so I rescued him and gave him his garden. It feels right.

So, we recently installed cubicles and mine is especially private, tucked away in the far corner behind a stack of files and boxes. One of my coworkers affectionately began calling it Fort Danley, and in a fit of inspiration, she decided to make it official and get one of the sign makers at the LA County Fair to make this for me. Behold the awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment