Friday, August 31, 2012

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Well, it's been 31 glorious days, but Camp Nanowrimo draws to a close at midnight tonight.  I just submitted my novel (and a couple short stories) for verification and I have officially made the 50,000 mark!  WOOOO!

Mind you, the novel is a mess.  It's not complete.  It is a hodgepodge of ideas, half of which will probably get thrown out, but I have 50,000 more words on paper than I did when I started August 1st and that, my friends, is awesome. 

If any of you have a little spark within that says, "Hey! I've got this idea for a book...", mark your calendar now to participate in National Novel Writing Month this November.  I cannot recommend the Nanowrimo experience enough.  It's free.  It connects you with other writers in your area so that it isn't so lonely.  And if you finish?  You, too, can have a beautiful little picture like the one above, which will make you feel warm and fuzzy about what you were able to do with just a little bit of hard work everyday.  Tomorrow might be September, but I just might write some more... just for the fun of it!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Kate. Wasn't it fun? I know I'll be doing it again. It's helped me focus my efforts and find out what I am capable of writing.