Friday, February 17, 2012

Little Quirky Movies

So I came across an old DVD of a film I loved and went, "Man... I hope I'm not the only person in the world who ever saw this..." And then I thought, "Heck. Maybe I am..." And so I thought to try and combat these films from being lost in the ether of the DVD sea, I should make a list.

If you've got a three day weekend coming up and are looking for a good flick, here's some of my favorite little films that hold a very special place in my heart. They're not blow 'em up blockbusters or gut wrenching heartbreakers. Just little films with sweet little souls. They just make you feel good. Try 'em out.

1. Sky High
2. Galaxy Quest
3. Radioland Murders (the sound design will blow your mind)
4. Soapdish
5. Strictly Ballroom
6. Last Holiday (with Queen Latifa)
7. Bedazzled (the one with Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley)
8. The Brady Bunch Movie
9. George of the Jungle
10. Hancock
11. The Karate Kid (with Jackie Chan. Think of it as a loving homage, not a remake)
12. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
13. Sneakers
14. A Thoroughly Modern Millie
15. Nanny McPhee
16. Ella Enchanted
17. Stardust (the Neil Gaiman adaptation)
18. The Secret Garden (the Francis Ford Coppola version with Maggie Smith)
19. Puss in Boots (with Christopher Walken)
20. Son of Paleface

No comments:

Post a Comment