Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I should have so much to type about...

Ugh. You ever have so much to type about, you just kind of go, "Eh, I'll catch everyone up in February..."

I'm still heartbroken that A Christmas Carol is all over.

A Christmas Carol

It's not often that you get to do a show THAT GOOD out here in Los Angeles. The project was bigger than all of us and I'm filled with so much gratitude I got to be a part.

Regular old Christmas was pretty wonderful, too. My new niece is cute as a button.

Christmas 2011

We all took turns giving the new mom a break.

Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011

We all took some time to go tour the city.

Christmas 2011

And just hang out and be reminded how cool our family is.

Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011 Christmas 2011

It's been a long time since we were all in the same room together.

Christmas 2011

After cooking all week for that crew, though, Mom was ready for a little R&R, so she made a surprise trip down to Los Angeles to catch the Rose Parade for her very first time! Our great-great grandma sewed the capes for the very first Rose Court... or something like that... so we had a little hometown pride going on.

Natural History Museum Float

It was delightful seeing Charles Phoenix waving merrily at us from his float. The last time I saw him was in the Doodah Parade. I KNOW!

Charles Phoenix

We also cheered loudly for my cousins' high school. I came to see my actual cousins march a few years ago... in the rain... I think this was probably a better experience for them.

Mom's Visit 2012

We then went down to Farrell's where we met two really sweet ladies in line who decided to buy us lunch.

Mom's Visit 2012

It was such a random act of kindness. They said that they were just sharing the bounty that had been showered upon them. A million blessing right back at them! It was so sweet! Also, this milkshake. It was pretty sweet. Figuratively and literally.

We then went down to Laguna to catch the sunset, which was divine...


Laguna Sunset

We went to the Skirball for some cool exhibits and got great pizza and hung out with the birds and watched a TON of British shows - Foyles War, Miss Marple, The Last Detective... and Ab Fab...

Mom's Visit 2012 A bird on the head... Don't turn your back on your pizza...

It was a fantastic trip all the way around. And now... It's back to life. In whatever form it decides to take in 2012. In the next week or so, I'll be able to announce two really cool projects I'm involved with, but until then, in case I haven't mentioned it... because I don't think I have...

Mom's Visit 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment