Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Debt of Gratitude...

Isn't funny how things work out? I had finished up my latest book with great thanks to my beta readers at Adam Pictures and R. B. Wood, who took a manuscript I was D.O.N.E. with and took it to the next level with their gentle suggestions and enthusiasm.

I dropped a note to the absolutely fantastic copyeditor of The Woodcutter, Claire Paccha, but, unfortunately, her plate was full. I started searching through the KindleBoards for recommendations... when I stumbled upon a blog and a mom who needed some financial help to get her and her daughter out of an abusive situation.

An auction was being held and one of the items up for bid was editing services. It was something I was looking for and for a great cause, so I decided what the heck and dropped an opening bid.

I won and, seriously, it was like the heavens were pointing me to this place and moment. I just wanted to give a shout out to Ray Stilwell of Captains Blog who did the most AMAZING job. He had suggestions for smoothing out some logic problems that have been plaguing me, caught some ridiculously embarassing "Ooops!" glitches my eyes glossed over, and was all around awesome.

He had his own book come out recently, Mets Brand, so go pick up a copy!

And cross your fingers for me! Maggie for Hire (title still under consideration) begins her journey through the submission gauntlet today.

Placeholder

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good Lord I never saw this until just now- I was kinda busy at Dana's ballgame celebration the day you posted it- and unless I find a non-LJ way to authenticate this comment, you won't see my reply, either, but thank you, dear lady. It was a pleasure and a privilege to help Maggie make the next step into Life.

    ReplyDelete