Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday of the Eclipse


Birthday of the Eclipse, originally uploaded by eyduck.

Buddy, my 8 year old bird, got really sick last night and I had to cancel my birthday today in case he decides he's had enough of this mortal coil.

Also last night, as I was cleaning out Jeri's cage (and letting him fly around), the electricity went out. As I crawled on my hands and knees around my apartment finding matches, terrified I would step on him, all I could hear was the sound of him crashing into walls, being absolutely powerless to help (my childhood parakeet died flying into a wall). He is okay. And I am grateful for every one of those smelly candles people have given me over the years.

I decided NOT to let this be foreshadowing of my year to come, rather a byproduct of that awful eclipse last night.

So I'm sitting in pre-shiva at home when the buzzer rings.

Adam-Adam, visiting from Utah, brought me this, in honor of The Birthday of The Eclipse.

It might be one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment