Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kindle Nation e-Book of the Day - The Woodcutter



So this, I gotta say, is pretty darn cool. The Woodcutter is Kindle Nation Daily's e-Book of the day!

Kindle Nation 5-Star Fiction! Think "Brothers Grimm" Meets the Noir Crime Genre and you've got Kate Danley's The Woodcutter.

Cinderella is dead and one of Odin’s hellhounds has gone rogue in The Woodcutter, Kate Danley's noir remaking of the complete works of the Brothers Grimm. You've never read a fairy tale like our Kindle Nation eBook of the Day before.


Woodcutter in the Wild

Woodcutter in the Wild

This went live around 3:00AM (PST). Yesterday, I ranked 44,378 in Amazon Kindle sales. As of this moment? I'm 8,997 in the Kindle Store, as well as:

#40 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fantasy > Historical

#58 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical

I know in the grand scheme of things, rankings mean about as much as "Student of the Week" on the 2nd grade chalkboard, but still... This book was my baby for a long time. It holds a very special place in my heart. I love the characters that live in its pages. When I published it, it was like sending my first child off to the first day of school. It feels really nice to see the Woodcutter making friends out there on the playground. The internet is an ugly place and I'm sure a bully is going to come along sooner or later to punch him in the nose. But having bandaids made of five star reviews and kind words are a powerful kiss to make any owie go away.


UPDATE at 11:45AM
I just beat out Tolkien in the hourly bestsellers list (HA!). Come on. Induldge me. This is the only hour of my life I will be able to make that claim.

#6,217 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#30 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fantasy > Historical
#44 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
#65 in Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology

UPDATE AT 12:18PM
I inched one above Neil Gaiman for two seconds, and then he rallied and sailed past me, but right now, I'm right behind Naomi Novik at #25!

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,198 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#25 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fantasy > Historical
#37 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
#54 in Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology


UPDATE AT 2:14 PM

Awwww... YAH! TAKE THAT CHAUCER! Homer, I've got my eye on you!

#4,980 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#25 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fantasy > Historical
#38 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
#50 in Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology

UPDATE AT 3:05PM

Um... I'm #14 in Historical fantasy eBooks.

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,627 Paid in Kindle Store
#14 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fantasy > Historical
#24 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
#39 in Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology

I am completely putting on my resume that for one hour out of my life, I outsold Neil Gaiman.

That would be me at #14 and Neil Gaiman at #20

UPDATE 4:09PM

I just sent Lewis Carol DOWN THE HOLE on in the Books/Science Fiction & Fantasy/Fantasy/Historical catagory. YAH. That's some top notch notchness going on there. Yo.

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,133 Paid in Kindle Store
#12 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fantasy > Historical
#21 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
#28 in Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology

Yah, that would be me at #21 and LEWIS CAROL at #23

UPDATE 5:11PM

I'm three slots away from passing The Princess Bride in sales this hour. Inconceivable!

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,004 Paid in Kindle Store
#11 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fantasy > Historical
#19 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Historical
#25 in Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Mythology

Three places away from overtaking the Princess Bride!  INCONCEIVABLE!

UPDATE 10:03PM

Well, the ride has appeared to come to a close and my rocket like ascent hit its peak and has begun the steady slide back down into the anonymnity of the 600k+ other e-books on Amazon. But as I started moving back down the charts, I think it is lovely and poetic this last screen grab. All is as it should be.

As it should be

It's been a great Kindle Nation day.

No comments:

Post a Comment